12 June 2012

Thirty, flirty and speedy....

Well today I turned thirty. Yes 30!!!!! and even though the morning mirror spat in my face when I woke up, I still had a great day, thanks to my honey bunny cheeks a.k.a. my boo.

I had my first motorcycle lesson and it was very cool. I loved it even though I thought I'd shit in my pants every 5 seconds. I never thought that riding a motorcycle would be so complicated. The people that are now reading this and have a motorcycle license probably think right now: what'ya talkin' about sweetcheeks? But I found it difficult because you have to take many things into account and you use your hands for speed, break (front wheels) and clutch and you have to use your feet for break (back wheels) and gear.

Besides it all, I have to take into account that I am a very little fragile girl who is trying to control a 180 kg Honda CBF. So that all made it a little difficult and made me a little nervous which made my right hand touch the speed from time to time with the risk of becoming a Speedy Hondzales and craching into whatever lay in my way. But the instructor was very patient and very cool. He explained everything to me and didn't take any risky steps.

Then this happened. The moment he was saying how well I was riding and how calm I was, I hit the breaks, looked down (something you should never do, always look straight ahead) and I fell, with the motorcycle falling with me, no actual damage was done :) just my pride and my confidence. Then I got back on the motorcycle again and had a last heroic round.

Anyhooters, it was a very cool experience that I had to share with you. Now that I have entered my midlife crisis I am considering taking more lessons and getting myself a nice motorcycle so that I can go on a roadtrip and have the chick version of 'Wild Hogs'.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! (I know... minus two days.) Thirty? That's it? I'm 42 as of today. Imagine how I must be feeling, young lady. Speedy Hondzales... hahaha that's good one. Still using the anyhooters, are you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You should visit my writer friends Melynda Fleury and Pat Hatt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey stranger! Happy birthday to you too! You don't look a day older than 35!!!! Anyhooters is something that I can't forget :)

    ps: cool, I will check your friends out!

    ReplyDelete