27 January 2011

I meet my doom

I don’t know how much longer I can survive. The point is that I can take it no longer. I have ran out of supply and there is food for one more day. I will have to eat as little as possible to keep me alive inside these caves. But then I think about it and ask myself what’s the point I will die anyway no matter if it is today or tomorrow or even after a week I have lost all my hopes and I am quite sure that no one will come to rescue me.

I can barely write due to the darkness and dust covering my eyes. I am so tired as I hardly sleep at night. Then again you cannot make the difference between night and day in this cursed place as these will be darkness wherever you may look. Yes, darkness forever.

All I can think about is the happy moment when I thought my expedition would be successful. I was so happy back then…I was a fool!

I do apologize again for my spelling mistakes or unfinished words. This in case someone will ever read this. I am tired, exhausted from so much darkness, my skin is probably white, just like the dead only that I can still move slowly. I have never believed in zombies and yet now I am one.

As for my companions I can still feel them around as the smell of the dead never fades. My wife died three days ago, if my calculations are right. She was bitten by a rat, a week ago. Oh all I can think of at this moment is why didn’t that doomed rat bite me instead. Nevertheless I wouldn’t have wanted my dear wife to be in the situation I am now. I wouldn’t want anyone to be in my place. Except for the ones that send me here.

I can’t bare much longer. I feel I am already decomposing…decomposing in memories unrealized goals and trusting the unworthy.

My whole expedition crew, if you might come across that question, is dead. I am the only survivor and the last to die.

If someone will read this I hope they will be out of any danger. I am doomed and my destiny is to die here.

Those who want to devote themselves to their work must make a sacrifice. The bigger the sacrifice the bigger the chance they will succeed. In my case the sacrifice is death.

I cannot see any longer what I am writing however I can feel what will happen to me in the next few hours or minutes, I don’t even know. I feel isolated, lonely, and already dead. Have I mentioned this before?

My life has come to its end…I can feel it all...it is getting dark…darker. Those that do not risk it all…will not die…at least….not too……..soon.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I could add something to it, and then it was gone. I wrote, "You've got a lot of imagination." And I wanted to add, "Your character shouldn't worry. Spelling mistakes are overrated anyway."

    ReplyDelete