17 November 2010

Part two of the story dedicated to Simona, the story is called Cursed ever after

Chapter 1. A pleasure to meet you





'Are you sure you want to do this?'

He looked at me with those eyes I knew did not approve. Rodney was not only my best friend but also one of the best weaponry men in the hidden history. He created many devices for me and over the years, they improved tremendously. One of the main devices was 'the necklace'. It was a special collar with iron spikes on the inside. I often wore it to prevent myself from the full moon rages and any sudden outbreaks. During the transformations, my neck was the first to expand so that's the first thing I wanted to stop. As spikes entered my neck, I would lose much blood and the pain would calm and weaken me down. This time I was planning to face a vampire and I needed much more than a necklace.

'Yes, neck, thighs and waist.'

We were standing in one of Rodney's hidden workplaces. I stared in the mirror as he sat on a stool holding the necklace in his hand. He looked at me frowning. He wore short dark blond hair and a beard that made him look older. Rodney was 256 years old. He was neither a vampire nor a werewolf. He stood up from his stool and applied the necklace.

'What will you do?' I felt the cold iron touch my neck.

'I have to look in his eyes, long enough to see something or make him see something.'

'That's your plan?'

'I know.'

'It's not a plan at all.'

'I am aware of that. What else do you want me to do?'

'I don't want you to do anything but I think you know my opinion about this.'

Rodney had been trying for years to make me forget about m obsession and enjoy my life 'the way I was supposed to'.

'Yes, I do. I truly do, but I don't know what else to do. I must see him.'

'You do what you must. Just be careful and don't let yourself bleed to death.'

'You know that can't happen.' I smiled and saw the bitterness in the mirror.

'You know what I mean.'

'It won't go like last time.'

1 comment: